For those of you who are not very familiar with the concept of coaching and have not experienced the process just yet, we offer you some highlights on the most important benefits of coaching.
According to The International Coach Federation (ICF) coaching means “Partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential.”
The main benefit of Coaching
The primary benefit of coaching is that you are likely to see quick, positive results as an outcome. This is because people tend to learn and adopt new habits more easily when they are actively engaged in the learning process. As soon as a coaching session ends you can implement a new practice.
The process is entirely devoted to you – your issues and the attainment of new goals. One advantage to coaching is that it can take place over an extended period of time. Which means you will be continually challenged and encouraged to work on issues that you feel could use improvement.
By adding to your personal growth, you implement good habits and the more you practice, the more natural it becomes to automatically change and improve your behaviors.
Coaching can be done both at individual or at organisational levels.
The benefits of coaching an individual include:
- Improvement in performance, targets and goals
- Increased personal learning and development
- Increased ability to identify solutions to specific issues
- Greater ownership and responsibility
- Development of self-awareness
- Improvement of specific skills or behavior
- Greater clarity in roles and objectives
- A solid view to the future
The benefits of coaching at an organisation level include:
- Allowing fuller use of individual’s talents/potential
- Demonstrating commitment to individuals and their development
- Higher organizational performance/productivity
- Increasing creativity, learning and knowledge
- Motivating people
- Facilitating the adoption of a new culture/management style
- Improving relationships between people and within departments
If we managed to stimulate your interest, the good news is that we have a group of 11 coaches waiting to serve you.